Publisher: Marvel Comic
Issues (Status): 2 Issues (Complete)
Collected Trade: No
Previous Comic Knowledge Required: Not a lot really – Basically all you need to know for this is that Secret Wars has happened and resulted in a soft reboot of the Marvel Comic Universe
Basic Synopsis: Both of these issues are intended to give you an overview of the upcoming titles in the All-New All-Different Marvel, coming out of Secret Wars.
My Thoughts: I basically only read these only out of a strange curiosity about what exactly they were going to be pushing in these comics.
I kinda liked how they at least made an effort to try to wrap a small story around these, even if they were crap it at least was a little better than just giving previews I guess
Marvel Point One was not terrible, focusing around the Maestro (A version of the Hulk from an alternative future, where he was a malevolent dictator) who was basically picking his Roster for the comic version of the iPhone game ‘Conquest of Champions’.
The comics previewed in this one were
- Conquest of Champions – While this is based on a Mobile game, I do have hopes for this one as it’s concept is simple – The Maestro as ‘The Summoner’ will be able to pull heroes from across time and space to take throw into battle against the heroes of another summoner. This could result in some interesting fights.
- DareDevil – All I got from this preview was, DareDevil gets a sidekick
- Carnage – The Preview told us nothing, apart from that Carnage is still kicking about and is a bit of a nutter
- All-New Inhumans – Seems that this will follow on as Inhumans left off, with New Inhumans being created left and right, and the impact of that.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D – Tied loosely to the TV Series, this series follows the main characters of that show as they do what S.H.I.E.L.D does
- Rocket Raccoon & Groot – This is the one that I am most looking forward to, as it looks like it will be a direct follow on from the 5 Issue ‘Groot’ series, if it can carry over that tone then it should be pretty damn good
Avengers #0 was the worst of the two, Basically it was a preview for the SIX Avengers series that will be ongoing
- New Avengers – Basically this group is a rebrand of the super-villian organisation A.I.M as the Avengers Idea Mechanics. Members:
Sunspot Songbird Hawkeye Wiccan Hulkling White Tiger Squirrel Girl Power Man
- Uncanny Avengers – Pretty standard avengers group lead by the Old Steve Rogers. Members:
Steve Rogers Rogue DeadPool Human Torch Synapse Doctor Voodoo QuickSilver Spiderman (Parker)
- A-Force – This is an all female Avengers team following on from the widely acclaimed Series that was part of Secret Wars. Primary Members (its supposed to keep the same roster- which is over 30 Characters):
Captain Marvel Crystal ShadowCat Thor Jessica Jones Medusa She-Hulk Spider-Woman Storm
- All-New All-Different Avengers – Meant as the main Avengers team it has some of the big draw characters and mixes in a few new names marvel are banking on being big. Members:
Thor Captain America (Sam Wilson) Vision SpiderMan (Miles Morales) Iron Man Nova (Sam Alexander) Ms. Marvel
- Ultimates – This is the team that is said to specialise in the Cosmic level threats. Members:
Captain Marvel Black Panther Ms. America Spectrum Blue Marvel Galactus (Rumor)
- Squadron Supreme – These will be the dark Avengers, willing to do whatever is needed when the other avengers will not. Members:
Hyperion Doctor Spectrum NightHawk Thundra Blur Power Princess
Recommendation: Dont Bother – it’s basically a sales pitch for the other #1 issues