The Quest for Ale #7: The End of the World?

The is no catching a break with this Brewery!

This video was supposed to be the one where after many off camera hours of bee husbandry – not only did I have a massive stockpile of bees and honey I finally had the Noble Bee type that provides one of the other elements the Short Mead needs – HoneyDew

So I went ahead and built the fermenter I needed, tried to give it a test run and *POOF* Server dies, World file corrupted – turns out there is a bug in the fermenter when making the only thing i want to make – Short Mead

To double check it i tried it again in a creative world and like an idiot which do I try it in but my backup of the Brewery

So not only did I manage to corrupt my main save, but also my backup of it as well

Time to start again perhaps?
(more…)

Lets Play MineCraft: The Quest for Ale #6

You Know when you have one of those days where nothing at all wants to go right? Yeah I had one of them while recording this episode.

Because I’m now in a bit of a Limbo state with the goal of Short Mead due to needing to work on my Bee breeding, I thought I would fix an earlier mistake and make a sorting system that actually worked – I mean what could be simpler right?

Wrong!

The First problem came when instead of taking a few minutes to move all my crap from the basement to the new storage area took HOURS rather that the minutes I had expected.

The Second when I actually forgot to record the building of the sorting system itself, I mean that was kind of the whole point of the video

So I apologise for the slight meltdown at the end of the video – sometimes you get to the point where all you want to do is walk away from the game.

(more…)

Lets Play MineCraft: The Quest for Ale #5

Good News Everyone!! We Have Bee’s! I Repeat We Have Bees!

After setting up most of the power infrastructure in the previous video and refining a whole load of fuel, it was time to make use of that. For that I naturally needed to make some combustion engines.

Long Term I am going to have to do something about the piping and wiring as it is already becoming quite a rats nest already.

Once powered up we got to task of making the impregnated casing for our apiaries, eventually getting some hives up and running.

In other news I really need to do something about that nearby taint patch, its starting to grow tendrils!